Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Party like a pirate!

It started with an octopus bracelet from Charming Charlie. The gold, shiny sea creature reminded me of my boyfriend, Johnny Depp -- ahem, allow me my delusions, please -- by way of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Then I mused on Facebook something like, "Hmm, I'm going to the Caribbean. I should dress like a pirate for my going away party." An "I'm. So. There" fb comment from Carmen, and this is what you get ...

                                      Hope                                                                  Carmen

I had so much fun having dinner and later going to hear some good live music with family and friends. I'm feeling loved, and it's awesome that these people not only tolerate my quirkiness but are supportive enough to join in the kooky ideas I sometimes insist on living out. My crew rocks.

From left: Lori, Randi, Hope, Krystal, Janet

In all the excitement of preparing for the trip, I've worked really hard to gloss over how much I'm going to miss my loved ones. I sincerely hope that we'll all be able to stay in touch regularly while I'm gone. That said, I'm also looking forward to making new connections and forging strong friendships with the people I meet in Trinidad. I'm counting my blessings and saying prayers for a few more as I look forward to leaving in a couple of weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment